THIS YEAR PRESS - Diligence Personified

My name is Will "Deshair" Foskey, Editor-at-Large, Celebrity Journalist. You can find some of my work on www.Vibe.com, HipHopCrack.com, XPOZ magazine, American Songwriter, as well as the many sites that I find my work on. I work extremely hard to gain the content that matters... from well thought out opinions to asking the questions that defines the times, "I Got You!" - Will "Deshair" Foskey

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quote of the Week: The Battle scars of Cassie

Next, you’ve received a lot of negative press which stemmed from your in-studio interview with Hot 97. Do you have any regrets on how you handled the press you received from Vibe.com, through placing your thoughts on your MySpace page?

Cassie: Oh, no, not at all. I don’t have any regrets about expressing my feelings on my page. That’s my theme: never to live with regrets. Especially in situations like that, where I have the ability to redirect what people think about me. People still don’t think that I actually run my page, but everything that’s on that page was written by me. It’s real when you get in contact with me. I don’t know how many other artists actually run their pages, but I do. I receive so much love and enthusiasm from my friends so I wanted them to know how I felt about that situation. The real thing that happened was when I was on the radio with Angie Martinez we were talking about guys in a sense. Then Hot 97 turned it into, “Cassie said that Pharrell can get it,” when all I said was Pharrell was cute. They misconstrued a lot of the words that I said and from there people started blasting me. This was a very important week in my career. But I was checking out forums with people saying that, “Cassie hates Ciara,” this that and a third, but I respect Ciara… people saying that I’m a skinny white girl with no talent. It’s like, say what you want, but you haven’t even given me a chance. I only got one single out… ONE. So it is my belief to just let it all out; to express how I feel. I feel that people really need to know what I’ve been through. My career has gone from 0-100 mph in 3 seconds. I went from modeling to performing on National Television. My TRL performance was actually my seventh performance on stage. People just don’t understand that I’m through the fire with this. I love what I’m doing right now. I also know that a lot of the hits that I’m taking are because I’m associated with Bad Boy. A lot of people don’t want to believe in Bad Boy and they don’t want to associate nothing good with Bad Boy. But we’re doing it right now and that can’t be denied.

What do you think of what Cassie had to say?

Interview done by: Will "Deshair" Foskey of Diligence Magazine ww.Deshair.blogspot.com / XPOZ magazine
To read the full interview, pick up a copy of XPOZ magazine's October Issue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter