THIS YEAR PRESS - Diligence Personified

My name is Will "Deshair" Foskey, Editor-at-Large, Celebrity Journalist. You can find some of my work on www.Vibe.com, HipHopCrack.com, XPOZ magazine, American Songwriter, as well as the many sites that I find my work on. I work extremely hard to gain the content that matters... from well thought out opinions to asking the questions that defines the times, "I Got You!" - Will "Deshair" Foskey

Friday, January 05, 2007

David Banner wins Humanitarian Award in '06 - May land a Producer slot on Britney Spears new album in '07

I can't lie to you - one of my favorite people in this entire industry is Mississippi's own, David Banner. I really wanted to bring to you some excerpts from our conversation this past December. And please, click the link below to watch as David Banner delivers a powerful speech in acceptance of the Visionary Award. And for those of you who have come across this blog for the Britney news, that's below as well...

We both know that positive news is often swept under the rug, so I wanted to give you this opportunity to talk about the amazing night you’ve just had in your home state of Mississippi.

David Banner: For the most part, the Black Caucus which consists of the black leaders in Congress, assembled in the state of Mississippi for the first time and rewarded me with the Humanitarian Award for all of the things that I have been doing from giving out scholarships, I’ve always had special outreach programs for children, and the personal time that I put in during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I was physically in the trenches with the people who affected by the different atrocities.

David Banner's Humanitarian Award Speech: http://www.wapt.com/video/10424269/index.html?taf=jac



I would like for you to talk about some of the good things that you have going on in your life right now.

David Banner: Everything happening in my life right now is positive. We have an opportunity after God blesses us to set our hopes so high, and understand once you get to a certain level, there is no failing. Four years ago, I was homeless, so everything in my life now is positive. I got a show coming out on the Cartoon Network called, “That Crook’d ‘Sip”. I got my first movie that I just completed called, “Black Snake Moan” starring Justin Timberlake, Christina Ricci and the magnificent Samuel L. Jackson. I just finished producing a song for Chris Brown. I’ve submitted some music to Britney Spears, and it’s looking like they are going to accept the submission. Everything in my life is positive right now, I can’t lie to you. I’ve just won this amazing award and even though there was some negativity surrounding me receiving the Humanitarian award, that negativity brought exposure to the dedication to my community that I’ve been putting in, all along as a philanthropist. I’m currently working on my fourth album on Universal, my fifth major release and ninth album overall, including my Independent releases. There’s not too many people that can say that they’ve release 9 albums and are still relevant.

Britney, Britney Spears, New Album in 2007, Britney is Back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counter